100g Plain Flower
20g Cocoa Powder
140g Caster Sugar
1.5tsp Baking Powder
Pinch of salt
40g Unsalted Butter (softened)
120ml Full Fat Milk
1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
2) Mix together the cocoa, sugar, plain flour, baking powder, salt and butter in a free-standing electric mixer or bowl and whisk together the ingredients. Mix together. You should get to a point where you have a texture like wet sand.
3) Whisk the milk, egg and vanilla in a jug until they are combined. Pour a small amount of the mixture into the chocolate mix and beat to combine. Add half of the remaining liquid and mix on a slow setting. Add the remaining liquid and turn the mixer up to a higher speed to get rid of any lumps.
4) Fill half the cupcake cases with the mixture and bake in the oven for 20mins. Please be aware that ovens vary so after 15 mins start checking on them but try not to open the oven door!!
5) Once they are ready, leave to cool and start making the cream.
6) In a bowl whisk until firm and carefully stir in icing sugar and vanilla extract/essence.
7) Once the cupcakes have cooled spread on a generous amount of cherry jam and 3 cherries onto each cupcake.
8 ) Fill a piping bag and pipe a swirl of cream onto each cherry cupcake.
9) Crumble the Cadbury flake and sprinkle around the edges of the cream. Finally, finish with a cherry on top of each cake either fresh or one from the jam as we have used here.