Butterfly Jubilee Cupcakes
You Will Need:
Sugarflair Paste Colour Christmas Red
Sugarflair Paste Colour Navy
Sugarflair Rejuvenator Spirit
Sugarflair Lustre Dust Gold Sparkle
PME Butterfly Cutter
1) Roll out the sugarpaste and using the smaller butterfly cutter carefully cut out. To get the 3D shape I like to use an egg box to place a butterfly in each section with the wings supported by the sides of the box.
2) Once the fondant is dry it’s time to start painting. Using a paintbrush take a small amount of red colour and using a palette (or pot of your choice) take a small amount of rejuvenator spirit and mix with the paste colour.
3) Paint a strong red cross in the centre of the butterfly and a diagonal line in each of the corners. Repeat the process with the navy colouring and rejuvenator spirit and paint either side of the red diagonals and leave to dry (if easiest use a flag for reference!).
4) Using the small blossom flower plunger cut out a flower and leave to dry slightly.
5) For the gold flower take a little gold lustre dust and mix with the rejuvenator spirit. Use this paint to colour the flower. Leave to dry.
6) Using a 1M nozzle pipe a swirl on a cupcake.
7) Once the butterfly and flower are dry place on top of an iced cupcake. Do not wait till the buttercream has dried as the decorations will not stick.